The Saylesville Meeting House, the original Meeting House for Providence area Friends, is one of the oldest Quaker Meeting Houses in New England. It is still an active Meeting although presently it is under the care of Providence Friends Meeting.
The Saylesville Meeting House has been in continuous use as a place of worship since 1704 – longer than any other Friends Meeting House in Rhode Island. The Meeting House was more than doubled in size in 1745. Even though electricity, water, and plumbing have been added, the building retains its eighteenth century appearance and character
In 1978, the Meeting House was entered on the National Register of Historic Places, in recognition of its antiquity, architectural quality, and its role in the spread of Quakerism in America.