Greeters serve more than a ceremonial role. By their presence they offer a friendly welcome to familiar Friends and a resource for newcomers and visitors. In both respects, they are an important part of the social and hospitality function.
Responsibilities are basic, but important:
- Arrive in time to begin greeting at 9:45 a.m.
- Greet worshippers and welcome them.
- Introduce yourself to newcomers.
- Hand newcomers a copy of the Welcome booklet if available. If not, explain how we worship, or direct newcomers’ attention to the pamphlets that explain our way of worship.
- Mention to newcomers with children that child care is available in the nursery, and/or that First Day School is offered to older children September through June.
- Respond to immediate questions.
- Close the door to the Meeting Room at 10:00 a.m.
- Greet latecomers and direct them to the library so that all can go into the Meeting Room together, with less distraction for worshippers.
- Invite latecomers to enter the Meeting Room at 10:15 a.m.