The current Meeting House was built in 1953 to replace the older Meeting House on North Main St., which replaced even older Meeting Houses. It is on the corner of Olney St. & Morris Ave., adjacent to Moses Brown School.
It sits on a quiet shady lot surrounded by plantings, many of which are products of the hard work of the Firstday school. The grassy lot behind the Meeting house is a favorite of the First Day School in good weather.
Providence Meeting does occasionally make the Meeting house available for rental to non-Meeting activities. These have included marriages, musical activities, and children’s activities. We ask that the activities be generally consistent with Friends’ principles and practices. Our guidelines for use of the Meeting house will clarify expectations. Interested groups should write to the Meeting at the above address.